Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow







During the last days in Holland there has been a LOT of snow.
I'd like to share with you some photos of my village I have taken today.
Let's see some aspects of a Dutch white winter in a village, shall we ?
Somewhere in North Holland you can find...

Pretty Christmas features in the gardens...

and "frozen" statues. (bevroren beeldjes)

Some houses in my village. It is full of canals and islands.


You do not see such type of houses (all in wood) frequently.

My village is pretty rich in birds:
ducks, storks, herons, swans, water hens, geese...

Special duck, isn't it ?


They are everywhere in the canals

This is a fake one guys ! (De reiger)

Some birdhouses (vogelhuisjes)


Many frozen ways...
(Waterwegen)
Frozen waterway # 2

Frozen waterway # 3
Bootjes ...


Yes!! Sneeuwpoppen !!

Snowman # 1

Snowman # 2

Snowman # 3

Snowman # 4

Snowman #5

Snowman # 6
Snowman # 7
I am happy I do not have to drive the next two weeks.
Snow can be very charming but may also mean trouble.
Holland is absolutely stunning now.
Have a lovely week you all !!

No comments:

Post a Comment