Tuesday, August 17, 2010

French Markets

Ok, ok, I know many places in the world have also amazing street markets and with more impressive products and articles than France. But that's what I have to offer you now. (And it was not always easy to pull out my camera and click amongst people or on the vendors face).  Altought the French supermakets are phenomenal, a French householder will always pay a visit to the local market. Thus... Get you bags/trolley/basket and let's go to the market !
Somewhere in a village in Ile d'Oleron I have spotted such baskets. Mega cute factor ! I have bought a "onion" one and my Dutch friend a "garlic" one - she was looking for a simple clay pot but this is a good alternative.

Oysters anyone ? I pass.

And somewhere in the Dordogne... truffles ! Le diamant noir.
The Dordogne region has great markets where you can buy duck, portions of paella, grilled roasted chicken (bio), several pastries, clothes, hats, plants and flowers...
Dried sausages. Not my favourite but the rest of the cloggie family loves it. We bought 5 of them in a promotion: natural, with goat cheese, with nuts (the best!), with pepper, and wild boar.
Tomatoes of all sizes, colours and shapes... The black ones are very impressive.
All olives you can imagine...
Herbs and dried fruits...

 My favourite French pastry: tarte au noix (caramel and walnuts). Just spectacular !
 Baskets with flexible nets.
 More sausages...
 Lots of stinking cheeses and perfect pink garlic, yummie !!
 And of course it is in the Bordeaux region where the top French wines are, hahaha !! (Boy, I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted that.) Wanna know more about this shit odd concept ? Then go to:  www.levindemerde.com (in French). It doesn't convince me. Once crap, forever crap. A video in English can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment