Friday, April 24, 2009

Flower Fields





As I promised to you guys, here is THE post about the fields of flowers. Last week I had to go with my family to a birthday party nearby Haarlem. Of course we decided to visit first the fields in the area of Lisse. Already in the car we could enjoy the vision of multicoloured stripes of flowers. We decided to open the windows to smell the honey perfume of the jacynths.




Bikes, tourists, cars, joggers, old cars taking part in a rally contest. It all ended up in a traffic jam.
I noticed that some fields were alredy dried out or empty. After the harvesting of the bulbs, that is what is left behind: a bed of petals, wow! Throw yourself into it !


My children started to dance and to jump. They wanted to visit "every beautiful colour" field. Sometimes I could spot a little card bord: "Do not enter in this field". But every tourist was posing for pics in the edge of a Mondrian's square.






So far, I have not seen the special black tulip. But I have always my camera with me and I keep myself alert. I do recommend people wishing to visit Holland to do it during early April and before the end of May. The weather is more pleasant, and you can couple the visit to the flower fields in Lisse with Keukenhof. Because I have already visited Keukenhof a couple of years ago with friends from Brazil (hi there Carla and Patricia !) , it was no use to go there this year again. We had to hurry for a party in Vijfhuizen. Have a nice weekend readers !

No comments:

Post a Comment