Monday, April 13, 2009

Mini-Interview # 3





1) Who are you ? Please introduce yourself to the readers.

My name is Adrian Bingham, I am English and currently the Director of Sales and Reservations Operations for the European Office of a hotel chain. I am an avid sports follower and occasional player, I love to travel, enjoy reading, movies and video games (played them since I was 3 years old). I am widely traveled in the Northern Hemisphere and I sincerely hope to make it to more often to the south of the equator.

2) What brought you to the NL ?

In short, work. This is the fourth country I have lived in, in the last 5 years. I am happy at the moment to move where there are the best work opportunities.

3) How's it with your knowledge of the Dutch language?

“Bierjte”? Does that count? Seriously, though I am not very good at learning new languages, I know a few Dutch phrases and also bits of Tagolog (Philippines). I always joke that numbers is my second language

4) What do you miss the most about your home country ?

My mother, brother and friends. Especially my friends as I have known most of them since I was in primary school and we are still very close. Oddly enough I also miss some traditional English food, good fish and chips and a decent Sunday roast.

5) How does it feel about living in the NL ?

The best thing about living in Holland is the great mix of people that you meet and the way they integrate with each other. The worst is the habit people have of trying to board a train whilst you are still trying to get off it. Also Dutch food isn’t really my favourite although the beer is right up there with the best in the world.

6) Would you have any advice or suggestions for foreigners who wish to live and work in the NL ?

Same advice as living anywhere in the world: be friendly and polite. A smile really does go a long way. Also be brave, get out there and try things. Our experiences are what make us, us.

No comments:

Post a Comment