Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birdhouses (Casas de Passarinhos) [Vogelhuisjes]

In my village there are lots and lots of houses with well manicured gardens - and birdhouses. During months I have photographed some of them in order to post here. Sometimes my husband was very irritaded about me because he had an impression I was invading private space - but I think it was just his perception of my act. I do not invade gardens - I just need to step in them for two or three seconds in order o make my clicks.

Photos above and below: www.hetvogelhuisje.nl


The 8 photos below were made by be in my village. I am always taking different routes to the school of my kids on Wednesdays in order to investigate gardens and back yards. If I spot a certain birdhouse somewhere and I do not have the photo camera at the moment with me then I make a mental note to come back later. It can take me sometimes weeks to have a proper light and dry weather - and no one wondering behind the windows why the hell I am taking pics of birdhouses. After all I AM a shy person.


You can find such birdhouses at garden centers (Tuincentra) and greenhouses. Once I have seen a red wooden one at Bijenkorf. I doubted for a long moment because my husband doesn't want to have birds "shiting all around the back yard". I didn't buy it then. But I would like to give a helping hand to birds during winter with extra food and shelter. So sooner or later I will find one.







In the sequence below all 5 projects are from Droog Design and the photos are from www.apartdesign.nl La crème de la crème in birdhouse design !
Above: a three-star restaurant for birds, project by Marcel Wanders.

Eva Solo bird houses above (porcelaine) and below.



Above: "Rond", below: "Vogel voeder tafel"

No comments:

Post a Comment