Monday, March 30, 2009

Mini-interview # 2




I will try to post here once a month a short interview with foreigners living already for a while in the Netherlands. Most of them live in North-Holland and are (I guess just like my readers !) between 25 and 45 years old.
Who are you ? Please introduce yourself.

Paul H., born in Warrington England 1971. Singer with Amsterdam based 'The Quazatrons'. Our songs are part inspired by my hobbies, amongst them the works of Joseph Heller and Fumito Ueda.

And what brought you to Holland ?

I believe it was a Boeing 737.

What do you miss the most about your home country ?

Aside from friends and family, the things I miss most about England are Yorkshire tea (though it can be bought over here....for the right price), English cheese. T.S Elliot once said that Wendsleydale cheese is the Mozart of cheeses. Who am I to disagree ? I also miss common sense amongst the majority of the populace, English humour and people waiting for their turn.

Paul, what is the best about living in the Netherlands ?

Best thing about living in Amsterdam is the amount of nationalities located or visiting here. You could feasibly sleep with a girl from each country in the world without leaving the place, marvellous.

And the worst ?

The worst thing about living in Amsterdam is probably the price of a pint, five pound for a pint of cider?????? Come on! Play fair!

Any final advice for English expats ?

My advice to expats would be to seek out a good tea supplier before getting used to the Dutch equivalent of English tea.

Thanks Paul !

No comments:

Post a Comment