Thursday, November 12, 2009

Create your Own Vaccine

Photo: ANP / Olaf Kraak


Since before 1st November I have been planning the organization of my home. Because I was working 4 days a week, certain things were being neglected at home. I had a messy wardrobe, some photo albums needed to be completed, my leather shoes needed a good polish, many objects were out of place and so on. But when 1st November arrived I just could accomplish certain tasks during the first two or three days of unemployment. One child got sick on the 4th November, and now it is my youngest one. The common seasonal flu paid a visit to us. My youngest one still coughs A LOT and keeps us awake during the nights, but she is in a cheerful mood and takes vitamines (and therefore eats well). Hopefully nobody will be sick next week when I start an intensive course for two months.

Holland has bought enough vaccination for the whole population against the Mexican flu. Two dosis for each citizen. They assume it will be arriving during the winter in Holland. But I would NOT like to have my kids vaccinated against it - the influenza A virus subtype H1N1 (also popular known as "swine influenza" or "Mexican flu") in the case they get the symptoms. There is mercury in it, and formaldehydes - which are cancer causing agents. We just do not know the side effects of this kind of vaccine nor whether you are specifically suffering from the Mexican flu.

And why is the media amplifying so much the story ? In Brazil parents are not sending their children to school after July vacations. The media is spreading FEAR. Ten cases of the disease and then they say that millions might die of it. Everything is getting out of proportion when we read about H1N1 virus.

Doubts, doubts, doubts. I try to focus on the healthy aspects of life and ban my fears.

Anyway, check this video for the fun.

Amanda van Mulligen has also a nice post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment