Friday, November 13, 2009

Finally !

How long does it take to adapt to another country ?
One year ? Ten years ? A whole life ?
After reading this post I realized I have a thick skin as a foreigner.
I plan to have my own B&B in Brazil when I retire - lately I have been considering maybe before that. Let's see how the job market will be next year. I hope to get a very nice job in 2010!
Just like everyone in the Brazilian press and my old colleagues, I am still TOO critical about Brazil. Its disgusting politicians, the huge social differences, some aspects of the culture, the violence of big cities. I just love the people though. Food, sparkling weather, open spaces, easy relations. Freedom, freedom.

Curious about The Economist ? The whole article is here.
In Portuguese you can read Paulo Moreira Leite's amazing post here.
Or Ms. Buchala's post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment