Saturday, October 2, 2010

Come hell or high water

"When you drink the water, remember the spring."
-Chinese Proverb



At the top of the Topo Chico mountain water has been flowing from naturally carbonated springs since 1895. The location is now home to the legend of "The Princess and the Mole." This story begins in 1440, where there once was an Aztec Princess. The Pricess better known as the Daughter of Moctezuma felll ill in early 1440, her father Zuma dedicated his life to finding a cure for his daughters illness. Zuma at wits end consulted with local travelers to find a cure for her illness. This is when he was told the secret of the mole. Yes, as in big hairy chin mole. Apparently the mole contained a spring that would restore the princess to health. So off they went in search of a hill that looked like a mole, that spouted hot carbonated water. I swear I didn't make this up, you can totally check the website. So anyway, Princess Topo drinks Topo Chico and gets better. Thus the legend of "The Princess and the Mole." Bet you weren't expecting that story, I can't make this stuff up people, but don't worry, Topo is now sifted through sand and fliters before it's bottled and sent to HEB's across the land. I for one freaking love the stuff, I swear one day I'm gonna do something with those green glass bottles too. So stay tuned for my arts and crafts segment where I attempt to break glass and make it into something else. Until then let's drink, burp, and slip into a fizzy haze.
¡Salud

Lesson #12: Thirst for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment