Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lack of Space # 4

A small part of our attic serves as laundrette/storage/ironing space. It is quite a sunny and ventilated room - so I decided to grow some herbs and fat plants/cactuses there. It is no point placing photos/books or decorative objects near the window because the sunlight would fade and change the colour of such objects.
This is really a Dutch trait. Small sunny areas inside home (which would be neglected by most people) the Dutch see as potential place for flowers and poted plants.  Like that, I have always fresh chives available, the whole year (pot in the middle).
A week ago I have spotted in a flower shop such weird plants. They look like chili peppers and come in red, orange, yellow or light purple colours. I have asked the florist whether they were edible. She gave me a serious look but I was also looking at her damn seriously. "I wouldn't do that", she replied. She also had no clue how to take care of them, cause they are a new arrival in flower shops.  I have noticed they are becoming dry and fainting a bit. I want them big, bright and strong !
Does anyone know something about the chili-like plant above ?
Is it edible ? Help !

No comments:

Post a Comment