Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Right and Wrong


We are constantly learning the difference between right and wrong. It's easy when the answer is black and white, but my world is a constant grey. When I was 6, I used to lie like crazy, creative exaggerations and outlandish tales. I once told Lindsey Hopkins that I had 12 brothers and sisters. I also pretended to be related to the cool kids, and up until 4th grade I attended a class at Oppe that was designed for kids from broken homes. I once heard someone say "My mom got the letter in the mail," which was apparently some kind of divorce letter, so I repeated that so I could get out of class and attend the counseling sessions. I think at some point, they just kept me in the classes, because they thought I was a little off my rocker. Of course that was pretty innocent, and a little nutty, but a clear black and white representation of right and wrong. It's all grey these days. The reasons are much more complicated. Sometimes I have no idea what the right answer is. I get confused and turned around, life is way different when you grow up, but I spoon my dog, and do the best I can.

Lesson #23: Seek the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment