Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Food & Restaurant Meme

Isabella from "A Touch of Dutch" blog is challenging 7 blog writers to list their favourite foods & drinks, and what they dislike as well.
Some of my favourite foods/drinks in Holland are:

- Verkade cookies
- Douwe Egberts coffee
- Dutch/Belgian mussels
- Apple mousse or apple pie (thumbs up !)
- Dark chocolate (75% cacao and higher)
- Fat fish: salm, mackerel, eel ("paling"). Exception: raw herring. I think I do not like it.


- Dark bread, bread with sunflower seeds and seeds in general (looove!)
Drinks I love: Belgian beer and Dutch white beer with lemmon.

What I dislike in the Netherlands:
- Filet Americain and liver pate

- Postelein (a bitter veggie)
- Advocaat (liqueur or as a pie filling)
- Sambal (Indonesian pepper sauce)
- Drop (licorice/salty dark candies, tastes to plastic)
- Huzaren salad (boring potato salad with minced meat)
- French fries WITH sauce: pinda, mayo, ketchup (bleargh!)
I will have my "patat" always without sauce, please !


Restaurants I love here: Chinese and Japanese, tapas bar and Dutch brown cafes.
In Brazil I love: Steak houses, Mineira food (country style), Salad bars, Botequin food.

Yep, I am eager to read comments from readers about what foods they like/dislike in the Netherlands (or maybe from other parts of the world) - and why !

No comments:

Post a Comment