Sunday, January 30, 2011

Change of Plans


"The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This may sound completely ridiculous, but I've never been a big time goal setter. I've never had to make big plans to achieve my dreams. It's not that everything has been handed to me, but I can't say I've been reaching for something outlandish. Of course I've had struggles to overcome, I've wanted and worked hard for what I have, but my goals have always been in line with what was already on its way to me. There is nothing wrong with this theory until you start looking for more. So here I am in a rut. This deep abyss that seems to some days swallow me whole, and still keep eating. Where once obstacles existed, I am no longer crippled. Today there is no reason not to set a goal for what I want. There is literally, nothing in my way. I have no excuse to sit here wanting. I am aware that the first step is monumental, that moving backward is not an option. First steps can be daunting, but this is a Zig Ziggler kind of plan. Goals don't go unrewarded.

Lesson #53: Take the first step 

No comments:

Post a Comment