Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rio 2016

During the New Year's Eve at Copacabana Beach, the logo for the 2016 Olympics Games was announced.

Three interconnected human figures, embrancing the diversity of races and differences, where you can see the Sugarloaf silhouette:




To visit the official site (in English) with photos and job opportunities click here.
For an interesting article above the Olympics on the Economist go here. But I have to disagree that the international airport in Rio is "operating above capacity": most of the times I have been there the flux of passengers was pretty okay, compared to other overcrowded airports in the world. I disagree with some other points from the article as well.

(Source: well, how do I know all that ? I follow The Adventures of a Gringa in Rio... on the Facebook. Go there ! I have also supplied Rachel twice with links to documentaries... )

The video above is pretty, although I think the institutional video from 2009 is far more energetic and charming:



And recent 360o degrees photos of Rio and Brazil you can enjoy clicking on this link.
And ten facts about Brazil that will blow your mind here, on a short article.

No comments:

Post a Comment