Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Only in the Netherlands

Reading the Dutch papers on line today, I learned about a man who called the police because his wife has during years and years sexually assaulted him in the middle of the night. He was exhausted and "needed some sleep". He made a formal complaint about it and "two police agents were sent to talk to her". The couple has been married for 18 years and has two kids. The paper gave emphasis to the importance of talking about sexual violence against men at own homes - even if the victims were men in the hands of own spouses ("the last taboo").

The note was followed by hillarious comments from the readers:  "A bit strange story. Why talk to police agents ? She should go to a doctor due to hormonal inbalance, too much testosterone... Send me a photo of her: if she doesn't have a mustache I will treat her from being oversexed"/ "I have always dreamed about a cougar like that" / "The world is so unfair. I have to beg it to my wife every night" / "I know this sort of problem, my wife is also like that. But she has gotten two lovers now, who can take this heavy obligation out of my hands. Unfortunately, they are sometimes not enough." /  "Why only during the evenings ? Is she a kind of wolf or something like that ? It is okay when my wife wants to have it during the day. When she wants only during the evenings, I tell her: Hey ! A man has also to sleep..." / "Ah, she should just become a member of the local rugby or football club" / "This is a proof that headaches are just excuses."
_______________

**** Dutch men can be so light and cynical like no other ****

No comments:

Post a Comment