Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Arrivals

Lately I have been so busy with my backyard in the new house that almost every day I have to pass by a garden center in order to buy something (earth, mostly) . When I saw their new arrivals I thought immeditaly of this room I had seen in a Brazilian blog. The parents decided to pick the theme "bird houses" for a girls bedroom. Then a couples's friend simply bought bird houses and covered them with different fabrics:

And then I saw this baby room with a big tree in Fabiana Martins' blog:

 

I guess people are becoming bolder with baby's room. One big piece of art on the wall (a group of bird houses or a really big tree such as above) and that's it. No more wall paper with little bears, trains, etc.

Bird houses go also well adorning a breakfast area. Photo above: Achados de decoração blog.

And these are the bird houses I have seen in the garden center in my village (one of the "new arrivals" I talked about in the first paragraph of this post). If you are crafty these are pretty ideas to be copied and decorate a baby room :

Aren't they delicate for a child's room ? I think they will like it. (Or maybe my mom is going to keep them for her office ?)


Update 08th April:
Seen at the Bijenkorf today, a DIY birdhouse from Silly Gifts at 6 euros.

Silly Gifts can be found at: www.silly.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment