Sunday, October 4, 2009

Open Ateliers De Pijp # 2

Today I have been in the south area in Amsterdam in an area called "De Pijp", visiting some ateliers. More than 80 artists and artisans had their working places open to the public. Impossible to show here the few I have visited - too many photos indeed. Some ateliers were extremely small, others more factory-like. In all of them the sphere was relaxed and the work of high standards. We started visiting Harrie van Gennip and his restored heaters. They come from different parts of Europe and United States and are of very diverse styles. I fell in love with some of them, especially some blue ones in Art Nouveau style.

More than 100 heaters from whole Europe from the period 1890 - 1960.

www.harrievangennip.nl

The second atelier I visited was from Mirjam Aalbers, in the third floor of a building. The most sophisticated jewelries I have even seen. Check them at www.degoudenvijver.nl

Mirjam Aalbers' stunning jewelry

Ms. Aalbers is incredible isn't she ?


And of course I have visited also Marcella Madeira's exposition and took lots of pics. You go girl ! If you want to know more then visit: www.marcellamadeira.blogspot.com

It was a dry and clear day and I am falling in love with autumn. I detested the last springs in Holland due to my allergy to pollen. But we are having a wonderful autumn so far. And it was a good injection of energy in my day to be surrounded by so many creative dedicated people.

Have a good week you all !

No comments:

Post a Comment