Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My heart is green and yellow (and blue and white)

Above: building of Dutch newspaper De Telegraph from inside a car - hmmm, the photo is ok don't you think - despite the glass window and the car being in movement. And: I WAS NOT DRIVING, OK ?
Above and below: folders from Blokker and Etos.


Above and below: citizens have already started with the orange frenesi.



Yesterday in the junk mail we get on Mondays there were folders of Etos and Blokker completely in orange.
I have spotted more bikes in the same colour.
And little by little on can see around - in the big cities and villages - that the cloggies are adorning their homes with all sort of prularia in orange.
Am I going to be hoping for a Brazilian winning during the World Cup ? No doubt about it !! "You can take the girl from Brazil but you cannot take the country from inside her. " (oooooh, so cliche', I know - but true).
Years ago some colleagues of mine had approached me to say that Brazil should be forbidden to take part in the World Cup in order to "give some chance to other countries". Or something like that. I remember I didn't give any answer to that but looked at them with my famous fulminating look.
Ah, I don't know... Holland is already so rich...
The cloggies amass lots of medals during Winter Games, Olympic Games... And they have all their basic need (and medium needs and shophisticated needs) provided. AND excess of self confidence. So I 'd rather prefer that in case Brazil doesn't win then the Cup goes to an African or South American country. I'm just a little bit in doubt whether it would be a good thing the Cup going to los hermanos de Argentina. Well, Maradonna says in the case the Argies become the world champions then he will run naked in front of the obelisk in Plaza 9 de Julio, and then on the streets in B.A. . (Gosh, a guy that says that is very serious about winning. I'd say he is 100% commited to his job.)
Macho. Muuuuy macho ! Pero...
Imagine that...
the coach...
of a soccer team...
naked...
running around...
a huuuuge fallic symbol...
downtown the country's main city...
Hmmm....
I ...
Er...
I don't... know...
Hummm...
I don't know what to say !

No comments:

Post a Comment