Monday, June 28, 2010

She is Four !


Sunday was my little girl's birthday celebration.

Becoming a 4 year old marks something special in her life: she can go to school !
A small observation: in Holland when a person is celebrating his/her birthday the guests mention "congratulations" (gefeliciteerd) while shaking hands and kissing the person. For some very strange reason Dutch people also congratulate the other guests and family members. For example, if is my birthday and I am giving a party each guest when arriving tells to the other people present: "Gefeliciteerd with Anita's birthday". To which the person replies: "Gefeliciteerd to you as well" / "Thanks, gefeliciteerd too".

And of course there were little details in pink everywhere around the house and the backyard.
It was a warm and luminous Sunday. Little dresses for all girls today.

The pretty button above I have found at Dutch shop HEMA. If I ever live in another country than Holland I will surely miss the HEMA and its concept of "design for the masses".
Some of the mini desserts I have made. Which one do you prefer: a chocolate ganache with yoghurt and toped by a sherry or a chocolate mousse with strawberries ? The small glasses were purchased at Blokker. I think in Brazil something very similar to Blokker would be "Casa & Video" chain store.
The kids' giveaway: mini cup-cakes (above), oh-so-beautiful-it-hurts - I wouldn't have the courage to bite them ! I have ordered them by another perfectionist mom - it saves me time. I think I will follow her courses in Wormer on the weekend, cause I love baking and decorating cakes.
Below, dates stuffed with cheese and then marzipans shaped as a Dutch delicacy called "tompouce". I have found such mini tompouces at a HEMA shop and the pink plastic dishes at Loods 5, in Zaandam.



We have ordered the pie from one of our friends and favourite baker. Perfect work, isn't it ? Yep, our little girl has passed the phase Dora, the Explorer and started to be more interested in Dutch cartoon and TV series Mega Mindy.

Above, some of the guests who remained for dinner. The rest of the kids were playing inside or eating at another table in the backyard. I have made so much food, it could easily feed six to ten extra people. And guess what ? When everyone was gonne and after cleaning the kitchen I opened the fridge and... ta-dah ! A homemade cucumber-tzaziki salad and a potato/egg/dill cold dish which I completely had forgotten to serve. Umm... Good, it cuts to the half my work with the Monday dinner.
Now excuse me. I have to bake, decorate and wrap 27 muffins for the kids at school tomorrow. See you all within a couple of days (and some of you on the 4th of July...) !

No comments:

Post a Comment