Sunday, November 21, 2010

Amsterdammers and Bikes: A Love Story

Sometimes after visiting my hairdresser at the Bilderdijkstraat I decide to go to the center of Amsterdam zigzagging via the 9 streets.
I check the shop windows, I admire the canals, I check the last trends on bike decorations....

And then I have seen this MEGA eyecandy:


I thought I would have a fit or faint !
Instead, I put myself together, grabbed my camera and here you see the results.
I have lately LOTS of idea about how to prettify my own bike (a mother bike). I am already visitng shops like HEMA, V&D and Xenos. Something vintage, kitsch, cool...  Maybe I will do it next year, after spring time. Maybe I will show the metamorfose here, "before and after" sort of post entry.
For now, stay with this cool video and have you all a wonderful week !
(The world would be a better place if more people decided to make more use of their bikes - when possible, of course. )



Dit is Amsterdam en dit is mijn fiets = This is A'dam and this is my bike
Amsterdam houdt van fietsen = Amsterdam loves biking
fietsen = to ride a bicycle
(een) fiets = a bicycle

No comments:

Post a Comment