Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I should've married a Kennedy.

"There is no royal road to anything, one thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures."
-J.G. Holland

If I were famous, I'd be a royal. Years of Disney manipulation left me with a hole in my heart. The perfect world, just a conspiracy. I was forced to outgrow Barbie dream weddings. I don't hate my brainwashed state. I try to imagine this is my modern day fairy tale. I'd be lying if I said I had unwavering faith, there are mornings I wake up and realize, something is missing, we can't all be Sleeping  Beauty. I am nothing if not persistent. I am in pursuit of my own Barbie dream life. I'll kiss all the frogs, I'll stop cursing, and I'll learn the cupped hand wave.

Lesson #32: Avoid being jaded.


No comments:

Post a Comment