Monday, November 1, 2010

Dreamlike State


My dreams are real. I know what you're thinking, but I swear, when I wake up, the world is different. I resolve all my problems in my sleep. When I reach REM, I can make anything happen. Suddenly it all makes sense. We all forgive and forget, the friendships lost and found all come together. In my dreams I am in love. All the world is a fantastic white glittery place. I am the unsung hero behind every good deed. I wake to find the line is blurred. Where did my day end, and my eyes close? Some days I want to stay sleeping, stay in the perfect fluff of a comforter and a pillow. Pull the covers over my head, and remain as close to bliss as possible. In the morning, I choose to wake up. I'm forced to realize it was just my imagination. I move to the beat of a sleepy rhythm, pad across the kitchen floor, feed the dog, take a shower, blow dry my hair, get ready, and move to the car. I think about those dreams all day. The only thing I know for sure, where we live, and where we sleep, reside in the same house.

Lesson #31: Wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment